stay in school
Communities In Schools is Changing the Picture in Education, helping 1.3 million kids succeed in school. Take a look at our latest video and the campaign launch under our News sidebar.
Watch the students and Communities In Schools staff work together to ensure that staying in school and achieving in life is a reality.
In the 2011-2012 school year, CIS of Philadelphia served around 10,000 students. About 92% of those flagged as potential dropouts remained in school.
What you can do
Learn about the crisis and what we are doing to end it.
Volunteer to make a difference in the life of a child.
Advocate for education and better resources for PA youth.
Give to change the future of children and Pennsylvania.
The 5 Basics
Communities In Schools believes every child needs and deserves these five essential things:
- A one-on-one caring relationship with an adult.
- A safe place to learn and grow.
- A healthy start and a healthy future.
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation.
- A chance to give back to peers and community.